This week we’re admiring some of our favorite living spaces and the design features that make them beautiful. Both laidback and luxurious, we think each of these rooms embraces a balanced bohemian-chic aesthetic that is easy for anyone to recreate at home.
1. This room borders perfection with its rich diversity of texture and color. The pairing of this unique tile pattern with the stripes of an ethnic, bordeaux-colored carpet set against an explosively colored, floral Japanese backdrop makes this space look like a Vermeer painting came to life.
2. This space features many design elements that are dear to Gachon Pothier. The vintage Kilim rug paired with large, elaborate floor cushions; the Suzani thrown effortlessly on the old chair; the simplicity of the sofa with the raw skins hanging loosely over the back—a rich balance of the perfect elements for this kind of rustic farmhouse.
3. An apartment, just the way we like it. The randomly placed objects bring strong colors against the white walls, giving this home a lot of personality and chic nonchalance. We love the use of wood, a noble material, and the balance of green on white is a perfect pairing.
4. We love the contrast of this vintage Tulu Kilim against the simplicity of the light-colored walls. The Kilim’s vibrant color scheme and the bold floor cushions bring this simple room to life.
5. This room has a rich bohemian, Western spirit. We love how the old Kilim carpet subtly pulls all the other colors and textures in the room together. The Scandinavian sheepskins and mohair notes bring hints of a cozy countryside retreat, and the cream fabrics suspended over the bed are reminiscent of a romantic canopy bed with a strong Navajo spirit. The cactus by the nightstand is an easy finishing touch for this rustic, Western-inspired bedroom.
6. The bold juxtaposition of four Kilims in such a raw space proves our philosophy that vintage rugs are true works of art.
7. This space is the perfect example of the impact a beautiful color can have on a wall. Painting your walls a new color is a small cost that can give your room a radical new look. The old Kilim textiles on the bed and the casual placement of the books across the floor are some of the elements in this room that we love.
8. Yet another example of a powerful wall color. Even without any strong pieces of furniture, this room has an evident air of style, and the impact of the beautiful carpet makes it function as a work of art all its own.
9. We love the backdrop of white walls for this linen sofa and colorful floral cushions. It’s all about balance here, and the industrial lamps are a perfect marriage to the 18th century banquet style details throughout the room. The cushions along with the vintage Kilim on the dark wood floors are straight out of a cozy English cottage.
10. In this room it’s all about mixing contemporary style with classic architecture. The dark green walls highlight the old wood-carved ceiling, providing an easy and subtle transition into simple contemporary design without outdoing the marquetry on the ceiling.